Our buses are overcrowded. We need more TTC service NOW to ensure a #SafeSeptember on transit.
But Premier Ford wants to cut bus routes, privatize them with companies like Uber, and charge more for longer trips. This will mean higher fares and less service, especially in neighbourhoods where more racialized and working class residents live.
Join the rally at MPP Vijay Thanigasalam’s office to demand permanent provincial transit funding without conditions, so riders get enough service on buses, streetcars, and subways!
Saturday, September 12
8130 Sheppard Ave East
Share on Facebook
HOW TO GET THERE:
The rally will happen in the parking lot behind MPP Vijay Thanigasalam's office at 8130 Sheppard Ave. East, the Parliamentary Assistant to the Minister of Transportation.
* This event will not be a march. We will have several chairs available to sit in.
*Bring a mask and hand sanitizer. Extra masks and hand sanitizer will be available.
*Bring sunscreen and water!
*Single-use Presto tickets will be available.
*For any accessibility needs or more information contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Jennifer Robinson, 42 Voices
Keerthy Krishnakumar, Grade 8 Student
Austin Jafri, TTCriders
Scarborough Campus Students' Union representatives
Climate Justice Scarborough
Local Scarborough parent
More speakers TBA!
WE NEED permanent provincial funding so riders get:
- Enough bus service for physical distance
- Return to 100% service levels immediately, and add more service for physical distancing
- More bus-only lanes for faster trips
- Lower fares for all
- Fair fare integration: One fare within Toronto and 2-hour transfers between TTC, YRT, MiWay, Brampton, and Durham Transit.
- Keep all-door boarding on buses
- No fare inspection
- No privatization or provincial takeover of our public transit system
To get involved with TTCriders and organize local actions at your bus stop or in your area, email email@example.com or sign up here: act.ttcriders.ca/volunteer.
- September 12, 2020 at 1:30pm – 2:30pm
- 33 people are going